49 Brick from Bridge

Jubilee Bridge over the River Dee at Queensferry opened in 1897 but the wooden walkway quickly wore out. Gibson’s Brickworks at Buckley supplied these hardwearing bricks made from an exceptionally hard blue clay with ten holes for wooden pegs to provide a non-slip surface.

Blog articles will only appear in the language they are provided in by the author.
Yn yr iaith y’u hysgrifennwyd gan yr awdur yn unig y bydd yr erthyglau blog yn ymddangos.

Related posts

Leave a Comment